Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Revolving Door


Lately I feel trapped in the revolving door of my life. When I'm at the day job I'm worrying about the writing, when I'm writing, I'm worrying about the day job, when I'm not doing A or B, I'm thinking about marketing. When I'm not doing that, I'm worried about my family and if they understand that for now I'm insane, but it won't be forever. At least I pray it won't be forever. :-)

Last night I received a box of ARCs for my new book (Advanced Reading Copies) I'm so excited! It finally feels REAL.

Here's a picture of my silly dog, Nala. Isn't she funny?

Hey check back in a few days. I'm going to be posting a new contest with fabulous and talented author Kathryne Kennedy!

3 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

During all that worrying, do you take time to worry about YOU? The past few years I have actually made a point of worrying about myself. Making sure I have time for me, some down time, reading, knitting, blogging, etc. That is very important for your mental as well as physical health. And its just plain enjoyable!Are you going to be doing contests to giveaway your ARC's?
Your doggie's cute. He takes time out for himself.
Do you travel to do book signings? I would love to see you do one at the Barnes and Nobel in Ithaca, its a big store, nice. Would love to get to finally meet you. Oh, look I am practically writing a book here, LOL!
Take care friend!

Erin Quinn said...

Hi Wendy! Well I will tell you--as soon as I type THE END on this book, I am taking some serious me time. I'm going to take my daughter and her best friend to Disneyland and I'm also going to a conference in Washington DC which I'm really excited about.

I don't think I'll have anything as exciting as a book tour--but then again, I can always hope. :-)

I'm toying with giving an ARC away as part of my contest in June. It's a great suggestion!

Thanks for the advice. I know I need to slow down--but not until I finish my book, lol. Take care my friend!
Erin

PS: Nala the crazy dog is adorable, isn't she. She always sleeps in my office with my other dogs but where they are quiet she SNORES!

Erin Quinn said...

PSS: I would love to meet you too. If I'm ever out your way I will let you know. If you're ever out my way, you do the same!