Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tell me what you're reading....

Hi there.  I love to talk about books.  If you read this blog, you probably already know that.  I don't mean I just like to talk about MY books, but all books.  There's not a genre I haven't read (although political memoirs, business strategies and financial outlooks tend to leave me...well, asleep).  I also go through binges where I am addicted to a certain genre.  Last year I couldn't get enough Regency romance, the year before I was loving straight paranormal (as opposed to crooked paranormal, ha ha).  This year I'm hooked on Urban Fantasy.  I've devoured a few series since I started, but I'm still Jonesin' for more.  Recommendations are always welcome.

What are you reading?  What are you over?  What can't you wait to get your hands on?

4 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

I see you're already reading Patricia Briggs, so I'll mention:
Kelley Armstrong, Laura Bickle, Carolyn Crane and Charlaine Harris

Rayka Mennen said...

HI Erin
some of these you already know - Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews...or rather you convinced me to read them - thank you :o). I just discovered P.C. Cast.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hi Erin! I am back from my 2 week vacati9n, had a great time!

I actually am not really sure what "Urban Fantasy" is exactly. I seems like it is mostly about vampires, am I correct? While I was gone I read a couple beach reads - A Little Light Magic - Joy Nash (didn't like too much) and Seaview Inn - Sherryl Woods (liked a lot!) now reading Licensed for Trouble - Susan May Warren (on chapter 4 and love it already!) soon I will be starting the classic To the Light House - Virginia Wolfe (I am excited about this one, I hope I enjoy it).

Ivy said...

Hey Erin,
Charlaine Harris is good, I love Sookie. Another really excellent one is Thomas Sniegoskie's Remy Chandler srs. Read it in order though...A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, Noah's Orphans (short in Mean Streets & it's important), Dancing on the Head of a Pin and Where Angels Fear to Tread. Richelle Mead's Succubus srs is good. Also Kat Richardson's Greywalker srs and Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan's...that's all I can think of right now...
Ivy