Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome Chris Maria Green


I am so honored to have Chris Marie Green as my guest this week. I met Chris at the Romance Writers of America conference in Washington DC and new I had to coax her to come a'visting. :-) Chris is a powerhouse writer with her Vampire Babylon series now on book 5 and her other titles as Crystal Green. Chris is former school teacher turned full-time writer, gets out of the office by taking long trips to places such as Japan, Italy, and New Orleans. When she’s not causing international incidents, she enjoys yoga, reading just about everything, plus movie-going. She also writes under the name Crystal Green.

So as is typical of my interviews, I asked her some head scratching questions.

Erin: Chris, welcome to Quinn's Essentials. To dive right into our interview, tell me, what do you consider your greatest achievement?

Chris: Being published. I still want to laugh in amazement whenever I tell anyone that I’m a writer!

Erin: You know, as I was pulling these questions from the "think tank" I wondered how I would answer that. I think for me it would be staying published. Sometimes staying in this business is as hard as getting into it in the first place.

Next question, Do you have any phobias?

Chris: Hate snakes. Hate. Them. I’m hoping it’s not a Freudian thing.

Erin: You and Indy Jones. I'd say that's fine company to be in. :-) Since I'm usually only a footstep away from certifiable, I would hardly be one to pass Freudian judgment on you, but...

Okay, the questions get a little deeper now. Are you a morning or night person?

Chris: Definitely morning, although sometimes I have to force myself out of bed because, above all, I’m a sleep person. I love my snoozing time!

Erin: A woman after my own heart. I have friends who think sleeping in is getting up at 6am. SIX IN THE MORNING in case a.m. didn't register. I wonder how we ever came to be friends, lol. I love to sleep in and I love to stay up late. Of course the day job keeps me from indulging too much in my nocturnal tendancies.

If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…

Chris: Ambitious, mellow, dorky.

Erin: Ha! Love those. I should have followed that one up with how would others describe you. You struck me as ambitious, together and fun.


Okay, now tell us what we all REALLY want to know. Tell us about your new release and why YOU think we'll like it.

Chris: THE PATH OF RAZORS is the fifth book in the Vampire Babylon series. If you like twists in a story, then I think this might be for you: basically, the series is noir-urban fantasy. I try to make my vampires sympathetic yet still mean, take-no-prisoners survivors in the end. The same goes for my hunters sometimes! Hopefully, you’ll get a roller coaster ride out of it. : )

Erin: Chris, thakn you so much for stopping by! Readers, below is the book one trailer to the vampire babylon series. I know this is going to make you want to see more so go to: http://www.vampirebabylon.com/ to see the very latest trailer!




5 comments:

Chris Marie Green/Crystal Green said...

Hey, Erin! Thank you so much for posting as well as all the nice things you had to say. :) I can't WAIT to read HAUNTING BEAUTY.

Estella said...

Hi Chris,
I have read the first 4 books in this series and I loved them. Looking forward to the rest.

Chris Marie Green/Crystal Green said...

Estella, thank you so much! You know that I really appreciate all your support. : ) Hope you like book 5, too....

Tara McClendon said...

That's a great book cover. Thanks for the interview--I'll add this to my list of series to read.

Chris Marie Green/Crystal Green said...

Hey, Tara, and thank you! Ace has done well with all those book covers, thank goodness. :)