Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reflections


If you've followed my blogs, you've read that this year was a very tumultuous year for me. I had expectations of myself I didn't meet and I had expectations that I exceeded past my wildest expectations. I took a sabbatical from the day job during which I suspected to write a book--but instead I sold 2 books and signed with a new agent. Then a return to the day job plunged me into chaos that I don't think I've yet recovered from. It's been nuts.


But I still find myself over flowing with gratitude that I had such a crazy year. I proved to myself that I am stronger than my circumstances. That hard work does pay off. That I am loved and blessed. That I am surrounded by people I love in return. That the future is to be embraced and not feared.


And that creativity is not something to be taken for granted. It is a muscle to flex and stretch and push beyond its endurance. It is a gift that should be honored and never forgotten.


On those sage words :-) I am off to exercise my creativity.....

No comments: