Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New cover and great contest!


My editor sent me the cover for my new book yesterday! Check it out! I couldn't be more pleased with how great it looks.
I've got a lot of stuff going on in October. Hard at work on the follow up to HAUNTING BEAUTY. Looking for a title if anyone wants to offer some ideas. I'd like to stay with the "haunting" theme, but can't think of anything to match with it. (I don't like Beast, so skip that one). Anyway, send me a comment if something comes to you.
Next on big news is the October Contest I just posted on my site. I'm giving away a copy of Allyson James' THE DRAGON MASTER to a luck winner--wait, not just A copy but an ARC--what's an ARC you might ask? Is an Advanced Reading Copy. That means you get to read it before anyone else, weeks before the bookstores will have in their shelves. Very cool, yes? And you also go one of my titles to keep it company. Just go to www.erinquinn.info to enter.
Check back later this week as I will be announcing the winner of the SDSU Writers Conference Scholarship AND I will have an interview with Allyson James. Does the fun ever end?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You're up to some fun stuff, Erin! How about a title like...hmm, let's see here...

Shadows Small
Changing Shadows
The Lurking

Erin Quinn said...

Great suggestions, Karey. I'm hoping to stay with a Haunting XXXX theme, so looking for something that can go where the "XXXXs" are. Got any ideas there? :-)

Unknown said...

Gotcha! Let's see...

Haunting Stare
Haunting Secrets
Haunting Embrace
Haunting Fruit

I love to do this sort of thing. It's late, so I'll sign off for now...

Erin Quinn said...

Oooo, Karey. I really like Haunting Secrets. Let me run that one by editor. :-) Thanks. I'll let you know what she thinks!

Meljprincess said...

Hi Erin,
Popping over from Calista's blog. Glad I did. Fantastic contest! I read and collect ARCs and I'd love to add DRAGON MASTER to my collection.
I forgot to tell you over at Calista's that your cover is BRILLIANT!

HAUNTING DELIGHTS
HAUNTING SPIRITS
HAUNTING CARESS
HAUNTING SEASON

Erin Quinn said...

meljprincess--thanks for stopping by. Those are great suggestions too! I like, I like. I'm adding to my list.

Erin Quinn said...

You know, if one of these is selected, I'll have to come up with a great prize to offer. I'm thinking on that....

Meljprincess said...

Thank you, Erin! Prize sounds awesome! Hope you choose one of my titles

HAUNTING MELODY
HAUNTING DAYDREAMS
HAUNTING LOVERS
HAUNTING ENCOUNTER(S)

I'll bb if I think of more...

Mel K.

Meljprincess said...

How about 1st book: HAUNTING BEAUTY
2nd: HAUNTING CHARM
3rd: HAUNTING GRACE

HAUNTING EMBRACE

lol! Me again, Mel K.
This is fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Erin,

Very fun. Haunting Secrets does have a good ring to it. Let me know what the editor thinks!

Fun to see you here Mel K. Too bad we can't all do a virtual lunch.

Best wishes for the process, Erin.

Karey
(on Goodreads.com, I'm K.S.R. Kingworth...LOL!)

P.S. One of my sons is named Quinn, by the way. Very partial to the name...:)

Erin Quinn said...

A virtual lunch would be GRAND. I'm on a diet so actually, any kind of lunch would be grand. LOL. Thanks for all the great suggestions. If I ever get a free moment, I'm going to send them to my editor and see what she says. Definitely will need a prize if one hits the mark. Starbucks gift cards? B&N cards? Or books? Thinking.... and it hurts.

Meljprincess said...

Hi karey! I agree. A virtual lunch would be fun.

Gift cards to B&N or books would be great prizes, Erin. Can't wait to "hear" what your editor says.

Mel K.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing! Very funny. I suppose we could all do Starbucks wherever we are...just being part of this is treat enough for me :)

No matter what happens, we'll all have something to celebrate when your next book comes out, Erin!

Here's another title that came to me today:

HAUNTING HUNGER

Erin Quinn said...

These are all such terrific suggestions. I should have asked a long time ago~!