Saturday, June 21, 2008

The crazy month of June

June this time 14 years ago, I was in labor.

It doesn't seem possible that so much time has passed, but it's true. I spent the entire day trying to have my youngest child and my mother spent the entire day--which just happened to be her birthday--holding my hand.

My daughter teased us throughout the day and but decided in the end that she didn't want to share her birthday with anyone else and so she waited until the calendar page turned and was born on the 22nd. She's been pulling that kind of stuff ever since, ha ha.

So today my two daughters and I are taking my mother and father to the theater to see My Fair Lady and then to dinner. I'm sure it will be a much better birthday than the one she spent 14 years ago watching me sweat through labor. And then tomorrow my little baby turns 14.

Sheesh I feel old.

No comments: